There once was a fabulous apple tree. No matter how many
apples one would take from it, there were just as many as
before! When this was heard by the villagers they all
rushed to the apple tree and took apples. But no matter how
many they took, there were just as many apples as before.
But some of them came and took apples and locked them
within a chest, so that none could steal them. And they
laughed at the other villagers, saying, "Look, they do not
protect their apples. Surely a thief will come and steal
Rants and Raves
- Just a few parables
updated for these modern times...
- The Kelo vs. New London decision by the US Supreme
Court still has me spitting mad. But they're not the real
problem. If you're looking for a tyrant, look to your
local city government where they all hang out. It's time
we boycotted the
- The new politics of America are polarizing the
nation. It's not just red states versus blue states. It's
the kindly and wise urban liberal elite versus the
destructive racist theocratic forces of rural America.
Wait, that's my culture they're pissing on! I must rise
to the Defense of Rural
- Too many authortarians are draping themselves in the
mantle of freedom for my taste. Here's my personal Declaration of
Independence, wherein I state what I think, and poke
some jabs at a certain Movement trying to save us from
- Why do you stick your letters in envelopes? Why isn't
all of your mail written on postcards? It sounds to me
like you're hiding something! Of course, it's No One's Business.
- This article is sure to have me branded as heretic by
the GNU fundamentalists. But who cares? Find out what
free software really is in "Software Freedom"
- Aimed squarely at the GNUspeak of the FSF, I present
a list of Words to
Avoid, as well as some that are okay to use.
- There is a growing movement to change the name of
Linux. This is nonsense. Find out why in "By Any Other Name"
- The GNU Project has quite a lot of philosophical
claptrap out there. There is no way that I could respond
to all of them, so here's some Odds And Ends.
Rants From Other Folks